- Research shows that marijuana use is three times more likely to lead to dependence among adolescents than among adults.
- Youths who are not regularly monitored by their parents are four times more likely to use drugs.
- Kids who learn about the risks of marijuana and other illicit drugs from their parents are far less likely to use drugs.
The Parent Awareness and Drug Prevention Panel …invites you to join us in a discussion about the importance of educating youth on the dangers of substance abuse, resources available in Nevada County and information on drug free recreational opportunities for youth.
Bring your questions to our community panel
- Grass Valley Police Department; Getting the facts
- CORR; Road to recovery
- NEO; Alternatives to drugs and alcohol
When?: November 30th, 2011
Where?: The Viking Center @ Pleasant Valley School: 14865 Pleasant Valley Rd. Penn Valley
For more information please call Casey at PARTNERS Family Resource Center:
Please call ahead if you will need childcare.