This year’s theme for National Prevention Week, Your Voice, Your Choice, is meant to emphasize that prevention starts with the choices each of us make in our own lives. Through our choices, we can set an example of health and well-being for others. With our voices, whether spoken or written, we can raise awareness and help create healthier and safer communities.
During this week in honor of prevention week, the Coalition for a Drug Free Nevada County is promoting the daily themes of prevention information and will Co-Host two events at Sierra College Nevada County Campus.
Prevention Week Events:
- Tuesday, May 14th – Sierra College Film Showing – “Collision Course” on teen
addiction- Doors open at 5:15
- Thursday, May 16th – “There’s a Future for You” Sierra College orientation for
high school students from Park Ave. School.
You can make a difference! Become informed so that if someone needs help or support for addiction, suicide or challenges with mental or emotional wellbeing you may be able to help.
National Prevention Week 2013 – Themes
- Sunday, May 12th – Prevention and Cessation of Tobacco Use
- Monday, May 13th – Prevention of Underage Drinking
- Tuesday, May 14th – Prevention of Prescription Drug Abuse & Illicit Drug Use
- Wednesday, May 15th – Prevention of Alcohol Abuse
- Thursday, May 16th – Suicide Prevention
- Friday, May 17th – Promotion of Mental, Emotional and Behavioral Well-Being